Monday, October 14, 2013

Running

My sister is a runner. She has been a runner pretty much as long as I can remember. She does not jog. She runs. And she runs long distances. (We're talking miles and miles.)
On the other hand, I hate running. I'm not really a big fan of walking either, but I know it's a good exercise. But I do not run. Ever. Like, ever.
For the past several months, my sister has been training and planning on doing an ultra run (just the sound of which is intimidating). This past Saturday night was the big (50 mile) run. I thought about her all day Saturday, and especially that evening / night, wondering how it was going for her. The truth is, I only wish I had the dedication she has when it comes to fitness, exercise, health, etc. So, no matter what the outcome of her race that night, I did and always will, see her as a successful person. Although she didn't end up with the results she had hoped for, in my mind it doesn't really matter because she did more than most any of us would have even attempted.
My sister is a motivation and an example to me in a lot of areas. And just like when I was little, I still look up to her and want to be like her (when I grow up!).

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thank you so much for the very sweet write-up. I've sort-of lost track of how many things have made me cry the past couple of days but this was probably the nicest one of all!!!