Monday, May 26, 2014

1 Month

Dear Griffin,
On May 19 you were one month old. How did that happen so quickly? The past month has been one I will never forget. While your daddy and I are beyond exhausted, we are also totally and completely in love with you. We both find ourselves just staring at you with wonder and awe. You are more beautiful than I could have ever imagined.
Over the past month you have grown and changed already. You are a terrific eater, and you have no problem letting us know when you want to eat! You currently eat some of both formula and breast milk, all from a bottle (formula at night and breast milk during the day). I nursed you at first, but we have found that, for us, it just works better to give you all your feedings with a bottle. You are eating about 3 ounces at each feeding about every three hours. You are also excellent at burping!
You are definitely a cuddler, and you love to be held. The first couple weeks you were home you wouldn't sleep laying down at all, but only while being held (which added to the exhaustion!). But you are getting better about laying down, at least at night, and will sometimes even sleep for four or even five hours during the night. During the day, however, your first choice is to be held. Lately you have started to prefer, if you are awake, to be held up high on our shoulders. But when you are sleepy you either creep down into your favorite position in the curve of mine or daddy's arm, or you want to lay on your tummy on our chest. Either way, you are very opinionated about how we hold you.
Your big brother thinks you are pretty great (unless you are crying!). He likes to hold you and help feed you and help with your baths. He is very proud of you and loves to show you off to people. I can't wait to see the relationship develop between the two of you.
Sweet Griffin, your first month has been unforgettable, and I know the coming months will be just as memorable.
I love you forever and always, baby girl.
Love, Mommy

1 comment:

Kim said...

So sweet!!
Love all the pictures!!
Nice that you left out her special talent!!!