Thursday, June 19, 2014
2 Months
My Griffin Girl (aka Griffy, G-Diddy, G-Dog, Sister, Sissy, Ladybug, Small Fry)
How is it possible that two months have already gone by since I first laid eyes on you, precious girl? My heart is so full of love for you - like I never knew was possible. I still can't believe sometimes that I have a son and a daughter. I am so lucky and blessed!!
This past month has been one of definite growth and changes for you. You are becoming quite the little chunky monkey, complete with fat rolls and everything, and I absolutely love it!! Maybe because you were so tiny and skinny when you were born it makes me notice the squeezable thighs and arms more. I could kiss on your sweet little self all day long!
You are much more alert each day for more and more time. You like to lay on your play mat with Hadley, and he loves to show you all his toys and games. Speaking of Hadley, you definitely know your big brother and recognize his voice when he enters a room. We have noticed you just watching him across the room or watching him play his DS for long periods of time.
You had your first babysitter this month (thanks, Mrs. Becky!!) while mommy and daddy went to brother's field day at school. You were, of course, the perfect little girl according to the report we got.
Your hair is still as crazy as ever, but it's also starting to thin in places. I love that you have gorgeous little curls when it's wet, and I wish those curls would stay. But nope, stick straight when it dries. Crazy.
You have made great strides this month in your napping. We started this month still having to hold, or at least touch you in order for you to sleep during the day. However, over the last couple weeks you have gotten much better about that and are now taking at least one good long nap each day in your swing. Yay!! You are already good at going to sleep all by yourself sometimes. Hopefully we can get into a set napping schedule during the next month.
Mommy had to go back to work this month, which was not easy. But you have just been hanging at home with daddy, so mommy doesn't worry about you at all while she's gone. You and daddy are getting into a routine, and I can tell you are going to be best friends!
You are still a good eater, taking about 3.5 ounces each feeding. During the day you go anywhere from 3-4 hours between feedings, and it's usually the same at night. You did treat us to a 5 hour sleep spell just the other night, but then you were back to shorter times the next night. Anytime you want to go back to 5 hours would be just fine with us! You aren't quite as good at burping as you used to be. Now you tend to throw a little fit when the bottle is empty, and arch your little back when we try to burp you, until you decide to just give it up. You are, however, still an expert at pooping. We have had a couple explosions, always while we are away from home and, ironically, in your car seat. Let's just say, daddy is now an expert at removing the car seat cover so we can wash it!
My absolute favorite thing this month is that you started smiling! Melt my heart!! Your sweet smiling face (even at 3:00 in the morning) does nothing but make happy!
Mommy loves you forever and always, baby girl. Thanks for making me a girl mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love all the pictures - especially the one of her smiling at the end!!!
This sort of makes me wish I could still have a baby girl but I will just settle for some really awesome nieces!!!
Post a Comment