Monday, July 21, 2014
3 Months
My Sweet Griffin,
Just know that I am going to say the same thing every month...I can't believe you are (fill in the blank) months old already! And this month is no different...3 months!! Where is the time going?
I daily find myself just staring at you and wondering what you are thinking, and what you will look like as you grow up, and what your personality will be like, and just exactly "who" you will be. And as I stare, my feelings of thankfulness for you are multiplied. Oh how I love you, sweet girl!
This month you continued to grow (you are quite the little chunky monkey!) and learn new things. About 95% of the time you get breast milk (still solely from a bottle - you have no interest in nursing). You are still eating about the same - about 3.75 ounces every 3-5 hours. You have pretty much no consistency at all about your timing of those bottles however (which drives your mama crazy!). Sometimes you go three hours between bottles, sometimes up to five, and sometimes after an hour and a half you are screaming for more. And at night, it's pretty much the same story. You have gone for as long as six hours a couple times, five hours quite a bit, but still sometimes it's only three or four. Again, no consistency. Your mama would really appreciate a schedule, honey!
Your current favorite things include: your hands (in your mouth all the time!), your bink, your big brother, your daddy (who you spend all day with), your swing (the only place you will nap), pooping (a lot!), your changing table (where we get the most smiles and giggles), and ceiling fans.
Your current dislikes include: waiting for a bottle when you are hungry, napping in your bed, burping, too much time in your car seat, and mommy's insistence on getting a schedule in place.
A couple funny things have happened recently (both ironically related to diapers!). Last Sunday in church, during the final prayer, you did what I had worried would eventually happen at an inopportune time. Everyone was quiet, and then you did it...a loud grunt followed by the inevitable explosion. Awesome. We happened to be sitting behind some friends who also heard "it" (how could they not?!?) and knew exactly what happened. In the end, the noises wouldn't have been so bad if they had not resulted in poop all over both of us...your dress, your legs, my pants and shirt, your burp rag. It was a mess! Thanks for that, sweet girl. The second funny happened just yesterday. When you woke from your nap (in your swing, of course), I was holding you while playing a game with Hadley. Again, the explosive noise, so I knew I better get up and change you. When daddy came in the room I tried handing you off to him when I felt a warm feeling on my leg. As I lifted you up, tee-tee was dripping down your legs onto me and the floor. Apparently you had more than filled your diaper, and things were now overflowing. At least we were at home for that one!
Silly girl...you are more than I could have every dreamed or hoped for. I love you forever and always.
Mama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love all the pictures - she is getting so big!!!
And - what is up with that girl and her pooping?! Silly little thing!
How precious can they both be?? Seems she is beginning to recognize "the important people"...Hadley. Love to see pictures. Thanks for posting those. Will see you all before too long.
Mimi & Papa
Post a Comment