Friday, December 19, 2014
8 Months
Griffin Jane,
Every time I turn around it seems we are celebrating another month of your life. Slow down, baby girl!
This past month was full of more growing and changing for you. You are so close to crawling, and it is hilarious to watch you try. You know what position you need to be in, you just can't seem to figure out how to move once you get into that position. So, you do more of a "scoot" or roll to get where you want to get. The crawling is coming though...I'm guessing within the next week or two!
You have started throwing little fits when you get frustrated, which make everyone else laugh, which then causes the fit to escalate. Funny now, but probably not so funny in years to come! Lately you have also seemed to sense when you are told "no" and that word seems to hurt your little feelings. You especially don't like for daddy to tell you "no" to anything, and you stick out your lower lip before the tears come. I probably shouldn't say this, but that little "trick" might work in your favor in years to come!
We celebrated your first Thanksgiving this past month with a trip to Abilene. You were loved on by everyone there, especially your big girl cousins!
You are now eating formula and baby food (no more breast milk from mama). The transition to all formula didn't seem to phase you, so that was helpful. As far as food, you will pretty much eat anything, but you definitely prefer fruit rather than veggies. We'll just keep tricking you by mixing the two!
You still don't have any teeth, but it seems the drooling and chewing on things has increased exponentially lately so maybe a tooth will pop through soon. (I'm not in any rush for that however!)
Probably my favorite new trick of yours is all your "talking." You have so much to say these days, and always with such cute, funny expressions and attitude. You seem to talk the most when no one is paying attention to you, as if to say, "look at me...pay attention to me...do you hear me?" Hilarious! And A.T.T.I.T.U.D.E. little miss! Yikes!
I can't believe how much I love you, sweet girl. You are my favorite little girl, and you absolutely have my heart. Thanks for making me a girl mom! I love you always and forever!
Mama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, such great pictures!!!
Love that she pitches little fits and y'all laugh at her which makes it worse. Good that she is already working on her attitude!!!
Hard to imagine how much she has grown! She is such a pretty girl (as pretty as her brother is handsome!). And those big eyes could melt Alaska!! Do you think that she got her share of "attitude" from both sides of the gene pool!?! Love to all.
Mimi & Papa
Post a Comment