Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Life According to Facebook

(Starting around the beginning of December.)

Whew...I'm exhausted! Staying home with Hadley is definitely more tiring (and trying) than going to "work" every day!

Snow covering everything at our house this morning...got to work (30 miles away) and absolutely no sign of any snow at all. Hmph...Texas.

Mandi is ready to watch me some NFR starting tomorrow night!

Holy macaroni - it's cold!

Seriously - if you have to keep your coat, scarf, and gloves on INSIDE the office then it's too cold. It's called a heater, people, and it is meant to be used.

Mandi and Eric are snuggled up in our jammies watching night one of the National Finals Rodeo.

Mandi is hoping Abilene High wins tonight and Callisburg wins tomorrow night!

Mandi had such a good time catching up with some 'old' friends tonight.

Hadley got his first haircut today (thanks, April!). It's amazing how just cutting a little bit makes him look more like a little boy instead of a baby.

Mandi and Hadley had a (mostly) fun night; yummy hamburger helper, peas, & yogurt for supper followed by a shared oreo for dessert (which was hilarious), then we played mega-blocks and read books until one of us had a melt down. And now we are both bathed, in our jammies, and one of us is sound asleep. I just love every minute I get to spend with him!

I hope Hadley doesn't wake up with wet jammies (again) tonight.

Mandi is seriously frustrated with work right now. Did I make the right decision taking this job? I feel so under-used here and feel like all my experience & knowledge is completely wasted here. Frustration!

Sure signs that Hadley belongs to us: he loves mac & cheese (like mommy); he has very bad allergies (like daddy); he gets ear infections (like mommy); he likes to read/look at books (like daddy); he has ticklish feet (like mommy); he is hot/warm most all the time (like daddy); he really likes drinking water (like momm...y); he loves any kind of bread (like mommy & daddy).

Our Saturday so far: mommy & Hadley hung out this morning while daddy went and validated more hogs, lunch at Taco Casa, grocery store, and now home where H is napping, daddy is napping, and mommy is doing laundry & periodically checking the score of the Abilene High game

About to watch the final round of the NFR...don't think we are going to make it thru the whole thing without falling asleep. Thanks goodness for the dvr.

Yummy lasagna, peas (Hadley), salad (mommy & daddy), and chocolate chip cookies for supper tonight. Yummo!

Only 5 days and then I get two whole weeks to hang out with my two favorite guys!

I hate it when Hadley cries when I drop him off in the morning.

If you have a minute today please say a prayer for my Mema (Keva) and Eric's Grandma (Mollie) who were both taken to the hospital yesterday.

On the other hand, I love picking H up and seeing his huge smile as he runs towards me as fast as his little legs will go. And I love that as soon as he gets to me he looks around at everyone else and says 'BYE'!

Both grandmas (mine and Eric's) are still in the hospital.

Hair cut/color this afternoon - yea!

Dear Thursday, Please go by quickly so that I can get to important things after work (pedis with the girls!).

Good things about today: it's payday, pedicures after work, and only one more day of work before Christmas break.

Well hello Friday (aka the last day of work for 2 weeks)! I am super glad to see you!

Mandi is rooting for the Abilene High Eagles today!

Today's to do list: grocery store; laundry; clean the house; and somehow get in touch with Santa to make sure he's all set to come to our house!

Grocery store - check; refrigerator/pantry cleaned out - check; laundry started - check; Hadley happy, fed, and almost ready for a nap - check; still to do: cook, bake, and clean house.

Day 1 of cooking brisket - check; all presents wrapped & under the tree - check; Christmas cookie dough done & ready to roll out/cut out/bake tomorrow - check; excited for Santa to come - check!

Making Christmas cookies!

Mandi has had a fun day playing with Hadley, making Christmas cookies, enjoying time with family, and watching it snow. Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas!!

Mandi is a lucky, blessed girl. We had such a great day; Hadley had fun playing w/his new toys & books, we played in the snow, we enjoyed time w/Nanny & Papo, ate good food, and most importantly I got to talk to Mema & Poppa, my dad, Kim, Tim, and Sam. Such a Merry Christmas!

On our way to Quanah for Christmas-Round 2.

33!!

Driving home...in the snow...not my idea of a good time.

Home again...home again...jiggity jog!

Lots to do today!

Mandi is not ready for my vacation to be over.

Here's a shocker - Hadley has another ear infection.

Happy 2010!!

Our family's goals for 2010: 1. Healthy (& wishfully thin) in 2010; 2. Save more, spend less.

Bleh...back to work tomorrow

I am trying to be thankful today that I have a job (instead of dreading being back at work).

Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than youirselves. Philippians 2:3

I would very much like to be known as a "kind" person...but that little word has a huge meaning.

School not cancelled for me or Eric...but I am staying home with Hadley anyway today.

I don't care who you are - anything below 20 degrees is just plain miserable.

I am very sad to be missing my sweet friend Kelly's baby shower tomorrow.

Listening to some fun music and watching Hadley dance - too cute!!

It sure would make going to work a little better if people here didn't ignore all day long. I can count on one hand the number of conversations I have had here in the last week. Yesterday no one said a single thing to me. What's up with that?

I'm ready to go home to my sweet Hadley and see what funny things he'll do tonight, and get some sweet slobbery kisses.

I am trying very hard to make an effort to walk out of my office more and be 'friendly' at work. (Keep reminding me, Eric.)

I wish I didn't like Diet Coke so much!

Hadley weighed 6 lb 7 oz when he was born. What about your kids, mommies?

Thank goodness for spill-proof sippy cups!

It's amazing what you can learn watching Iron Chef America.

Friday! Friday! Friday! (And a 3 day weekend at that!)

In Quanah, getting ready to go to the local stock show later today.

Pancakes for breakfast - yum!

Maybe I'm crazy but I really don't care for pot roast - probably one of my least favorite meals.

I think my little guy is tired - he's laying on the floor "reading" a book and hasn't moved (or turned a page) in a while. Bedtime, anyone?

Hadley got a nice treat tonight - his first taste of Chili's molten chocolate cake - Yum!!

Preparing W-2s out of two different accounting software products (both of which are total junk!)...what a nightmare!

My tummy is growling

Seriously - no nap for Hadley equals ridiculous night for mommy.

Does anyone else's kid ever wake up during the night crying uncontrollably where the only thing that will soothe them is to be held? Hadley does this periodically and we have no idea what the problem is (bad dreams? growing pains? teeth?). Sometimes he goes back to sleep easily but then wakes as soon as we lay him back down and starts crying again. Any ideas??

Fort Worth stock show today

Hadley's newest treat - Nutella

I will be so glad when this week is over.

My wish list for this weekend: Hadley will sleep in tomorrow morning; I will start feeling better; and my house will somehow get clean.

A good day for everyone yesterday...let's repeat that again today.

Seriously...so ready to be done with anything related to W-2s.

Yippee - it's the weekend! Hadley's first week w/the new babysitter was great; Callisburg FFA Parent's Club supper & auction tonight; and date night tomorrow night!

So, so excited for my sweet friend Kelly who's having her baby tomorrow!

I am so excited for my dear friend Kelly as she gives birth to baby Klaire today and becomes a mommy!

Happy BIRTH-day baby Klaire! And congratulations Kelly & Kory!!

Today I'm sad because E is leaving for the rest of the week.

Listening to fun music and dancing and playing with Hadley...almost bathtime...back to the doctor tomorrow (for what I'm afraid is another ear infection!).

No ear infection today - a sinus infection instead. So Amoxycillin it is again.

Dear Hadley - Please sleep all night long tonight. As much as I love you, mommy doesn't really enjoy 4:30 wake up calls from you.

Crazy morning-up at 5 (thanks H), 2 changes of clothes (thanks to the dog & again H), turned around twice b/c I forgot stuff @ home, low fuel light on going to work, and oh yeah snow.

This snow is beautiful (from inside my nice warm house). However, it sure better not keep Eric from getting home tomorrow - we miss him like crazy!

Snow!! No work/school today; making Valentine's cookies for daddy; playing in the snow after nap time (hopefully); and looking forward to our family being all together again!

Eric & I met in August 2005 and were married in July 2006.

If you don't learn to be thoughtful, you end up regretting missed opportunities to demonstrate love. (The Love Dare)

Dear Hadley - I think mommy & daddy have finally figured out why you have been acting so weird this week (you know - waking up at 4 a.m., throwing fits for no reason, not eating things you normally would). Could it be those 2 (or maybe more) little molars we spotted in your mouth tonight while you were crying (screami...ng) about the stickers we took away from you in the bath tub? I think that just might be it!

Callisburg local livestock show tomorrow

Today's to-do list: haircut for Hadley; make a b-day cake for Eric; Callisburg stock show; laundry; play time and nap time for Hadley. So far only accomplished one of those - the haircut, but I did it myself so that's a pretty big accomplishment (just don't inspect it too closely!).

What a great day! Hadley was is such a good mood all day, and was super silly and fun.

I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband and a sweet, loving, silly little boy who loves to give hugs and kisses to mommy & daddy.

Hanging out at home today with Hadley (Hope you feel better soon, Miss Nola!). Maybe I'll get caught up on laundry. But mostly, we will probably just play and enjoy the day.

So not looking forward to the webinar I have to sit through all day today. Bleh!

If there's one thing I can't stand it's rude, accusatory behavior by someone who thinks they know everything. Attention: NO ONE KNOWS EVERYTHING!!!

Headed to Muenster to give E a little supper break from the Cooke county stock show.

Well hello, Friday! Thanks for coming back again.

Paid off two big debts today - that feels good!

Where did the weekend go??

Last night we introduced Hadley to the joy that is girl scout cookies. I think he is a fan!

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Apparently I put on my 'Invisible Suit' this morning without realizing it.

Wow - two blog updates in 24 hours - maybe I will get back into the habit.

No comments: