Thursday, September 20, 2012

Things I want to remember

I've been thinking lately about how quickly Hadley is growing up and leaving behind some of the cute things he says and does. So just to remind myself in years to come, here are a few things I never want to forget.
1. I love the way he will randomly stop whatever he is doing and say, "Momma...(long pause)...I just want to say I love you."
2. Funny restaurant/store names: McDonalds = Old McDonald; Buffalo Wild Wings = Chick Fil A Wings; Tracks = The Choo Choo Place; Target = The Red Store
3. I love that "yellow" is still "lellow"; "Jessie" (from Toy Story) is "Gessie"; "Francesco" (from Cars) is "Fran-ge-i-co"
4. He likes to play baseball, but usually only if he is wearing a Texas Ranger t-shirt (and always his helmet as well).
5. Lately he is a milk drinking fool. Given the choice, he will pick milk for every meal, snack, or drink break.
6. He is very inquisitive about God, and always wants to know if God can see certain things. For example, "Can God see what's in my tummy?", "Can God see my flip flops?", "Can God see me playing baseball?", "Can God see me at the library?"
7. He eats very few things right now including: mac & cheese, lunchables (except he doesn't like the cheese in many of them!), fruit snacks (sometimes), crackers, chips,& bread (almost any kind), hot dogs, cheeseburgers (plain & dry), spaghetti (sometimes), and of course cookies. As far as fruits and veggies - forget it.
8. He would eat at Whataburger every day if we let him.
9. Half the time he asks to take a nap, or take a bath and go to bed. (Not many 3 years olds do that I'm thinking!)
10. Stuffed animals are called "cuddlies."
I could go on and on...

1 comment: