Monday, October 20, 2014

6 Months

You are half a year old baby girl. Half a year!! What??!!?
Sometimes I wish I could slow down time with you...and then I remember that I just need to totally cherish each moment/month/year with you. I hope I will always remember that, and never take a single moment for granted.
Sweet Griffin, you are a total chunk these days. And those rolls and baby fat are completely kissable, squeezable, and adorable. How I love every bit of you!
This month you went on your first big road trip with Mama to Kansas. You were such a good girl for the entire trip, and I know lots of people loved seeing you!
Not much has changed in your world when it comes to eating and sleeping. You still get mostly breatmilk (in a bottle) with a little formula occasionally (since mama is not making quite enough for you anymore). I'll be honest when I tell you that I am getting a little tired of pumping! But I'll keep doing it just for you, G. And sleep...oh how I wish you would sleep more/better! You still wake at least once (sometimes twice) during the night; you still nap only in your swing; and you still refuse to sleep in your bed.
We tried food a couple times this month (cereal and bananas), but you really aren't all that interested. You would rather just have the spoon, or play with anything else within reach. I'm not going to rush into anything you're not ready for, so we'll continue to try periodically until you are ready.
Your current likes: bottles, brother, your bink, baths, standing up, smiling, putting anything and everything in your mouth.
Your current dislikes: being left alone in a room, your bed, being still for a diaper change (or anything)
What a fun 6 months we have had with you so far, precious girl! Thanks for making me a girl mom!
I love you forever and always!
Mama

1 comment:

Kim said...

I love all the pictures!!!
I'm sure that when she starts talking she will say this has been her favorite month so far:)