Monday, October 6, 2014

Family

This past weekend Griffin and I took a little road trip. We traveled to Topeka, Kansas to help celebrate the promotion of my brother-in-law, Chris Turner, to Colonel. I don't know much about the Air Force, but I know that this is a big deal!
Griffin and I spent a lot of time in the car, traveling almost 1000 miles in three days, but it was totally worth it! It is not very often that all of my siblings get together (four times in the last ten years), but it happened this weekend at Kim's house in Topeka. Sam and Stacy drove in from Levelland Friday, and drove back Saturday night. Tim and my dad flew in Saturday morning from Abilene, and flew back Sunday morning. And Griffin and I drove up Friday from Sherman, and drove home Sunday. We had a great time together, as always!
My sweet girl was such a trooper throughout the entire weekend, despite the time in her car seat, the lack of naps, and the many many new people oohing and aahing over her. We had such a great weekend, and I am so glad we were able to make the trip.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Love all the pictures!!!
So very glad y'all came - glad you made it home safely!!!

Anonymous said...

What precious memories. So glad that everybody got to meet out sweet girl. She looks like she was the center of attention. Glad you are back home, safe and sound.
Mimi & PaPa