This week I have felt kind of crummy. Mostly I just have absolutely NO energy at all. When I am at work I sometimes find myself just sitting there doing nothing, and I have to remind myself to get busy. And when I get home the last thing I want to do is fix supper or clean up after it. All I really want to do is sleep! In fact, last night I went to bad at 8:00...yikes!
A couple nights ago I noticed my feet and ankles felt funny, and when I looked down at them I realized why...they were about three times their normal size. (I'm pretty sure it's too early for that to happen.) So the next day when they were still pretty swollen I showed a nurse here at work who proceeded to take my blood pressure (130/80) and drill me about what I had been eating (asking about salt intake, etc.) and how much exercise or walking I have been doing. She told me I should a) sit with my feet elevated whenever possible and b) get up from my desk every hour and walk around the building to keep the blood circulating. So I have been following (or trying to follow) her instructions.
Also, some of my clothes (mostly just the waists of pants and things north of there) are starting to get a little uncomfortable (especially the way I just sit most of the day...maybe I'm eating too much...I feel like I'm hungry all the time!). So this evening I plan to go shopping and try to find some loose, more comfortable clothes. It's too early for actual "maternity" clothes, so hopefully I'll have at least a little luck finding stuff.
2 comments:
Dear Baby Lew,
How can I encourage your mommy without her thinking I am being a know-it-all nanny? Dear precious baby, help her know how much I love her and care about her, and how I want only good for her during her time of waiting for you (and all the other times also)!
love, Nanny
Be sure and get LOTS of rest....you won't get much after baby Lew gets here. I will pray your swelling goes down. Talk to you later
Post a Comment