I have two pretty good stories today...totally unrelated to anything else I have been writing on here, and totally unrelated to one another...
The first one has to do with our crazy dog, Murph. As some of you know, our dog feels the need to chase and bark at every single bird, squirrel, car, bicycle, walker, cat, fly, mosquito, etc. that is anywhere within site, sound, or smelling range. Therefore he spends a lot of time running up and down the fence, and sometimes ends up getting so excited he just runs in circles...goofy! So I think his favorite thing to bark and and chase are birds. Every morning they seem to have a little game they play together where the birds just taunt Murph because they know he can't catch them. Well - little did they know that one day he WOULD catch one of them! Monday when I came home from work Murph was laying in the yard and I could tell he had something in his front paws that he seemed to be licking and playing with. I thought maybe Eric gave him a bone or some new chew toy. However, when I got out of my car I could hear a weird squeaking or chirping sound. I then realized the chirping was coming from whatever it was Murph was "holding" in his paws. Turns out, he had somehow caught one of those pesky birds and decided to make it his new play toy...or maybe he was trying to make friends...who knows! Either way...GROSS!!! I called Eric out there and he discarded the (still living but probably scared to death) bird. All I can say is...disgusting!! (Birds are not toys, Murph!)
Second story: Yesterday while Eric was at home he heard what sounded like something hitting our porch (like someone threw a newspaper or something on it). So he looked out the peep hole only to see...a FIRE on our front porch! Yikes! Apparently some birds had built a nest inside the porch light, and somehow the light bulb or something exploded and came off the side of the house (the loud noise he heard) and was on the porch in a big ball of flames. Luckily Eric knew where the fire extinguisher was and put the fire out quickly. I told him if I had been home I would not have know where the extinguisher was, much less how to use it. (I'm pretty sure I will be getting a lesson in fire extinguisher use soon.) Good thing he was the one there! Kinda scary! So now we have a new porch light, a scorched welcome mat by the front door, and a big black mark on the porch. Fun stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment