Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Baby Lew Update

I went to the doctor this morning for my monthly visit. Here are the stats:

Weight: lost 2.5 pounds
Blood Pressure: didn't get the numbers, but too high (more on that later)
Baby's Heart Rate: 158
My Blood Type: A- (that means a shot at week 28)
Due Date: still December 6

Overall everything is going okay. The losing weight thing is not a problem right now (since I can afford to lose a few pounds anyway!) Not bad for the baby. She said the heart rate was good (and it didn't take her long to find it and hear it...which to me seems good). I already knew about my blood type and the shot it will require later, but she explained it a little more. It's not a big deal, just procedure when the mom's blood type is negative. The blood pressure is the only thing she was kind of concerned about. Because I have had high bp readings in the past (pre-pregnancy) she is going to monitor it much closer. In the meantime, she ordered some lab work, including a lovely test that involves a 24 hour period and collections (I won't go into more detail), as well as a test for my thyroid. Fun!

So, all in all everything is going well. Next appointment is June 23, and then my sonogram appointment (where we will hopefully find out if Baby Lew is a he or a she!) is July 10.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray for a healthy and safe pregnancy!

Britney K said...

How fun! It feels like years ago since I went through that stage of pregnancy. I had to do ALL the stuff you talked about and did all the tests. If you want more info or advice or whatever, let me know. I'll be more than happy to share my experience with ya!