Apparently I have been really bad about updating this lately. I won't try to make up an excuse, except to say...this working full time thing again is taking up all my time and energy! When I was last working full time I was three months less pregnant than I am now, and I can really tell a difference! I am absolutely pooped at the end of the days! But, I really like my new job and I think it was worth the wait and worry of finding something here.
So...a run down of the past several weeks...I'll start with the most current and work my way back...
Right now Eric is somewhere in Oklahoma at a pig show and sale. To be honest I'm not exactly sure what town, I just know it's a big show with somewhere around 900 hogs. Doesn't that sound like a ton of fun?!? And I am at home and Eric's parents are here as well. They are in the process of putting together Baby Lew's dresser/changing table while I am sitting here not helping and doing mostly nothing. Moral support...that is what I am providing.
A couple weekends ago Eric was in the panhandle area (Amarillo, Sunray, Panhandle, Canadian, Lubbock, etc.) all weekend doing the same thing he is doing now...looking at hogs and going to sales. Unfortunately, that weekend involved a lot of cold rainy weather, a lot of time in the pickup, and not much luck with the purchasing of hogs. It made for a long, wet, cold, and mostly unproductive weekend for them. (Glad I was not along for all of that!)
The week before that (which was also my last week on "vacation") Eric had to go to the State Fair because he had some kids showing heifers, so I went with him one day. I had actually never been to the State Fair of Texas before, so now I can say I've been. Besides going to the heifer show and hanging out in the barn area, we did walk around some. However, it was warm and I am not really interested in walking much these days so I know we didn't get the whole "fair" experience. It was enough for me, though!
And going back even farther...the week before that my mom (aka Nanny) came and visited for the week. We did a lot of shopping (or rather "looking") and had a really nice visit for the week.
Okay...so maybe that will get me a little more caught up. Everything with Baby Lew is going well...he seems to be growing a lot these days. I can tell a pretty big difference in my stomach size in the past couple weeks (nothing fits anymore!). And I can also tell a difference in my own "comfort" level...which is pretty much non-existent. I'm not really sleeping much (or very well) these days, and spend most nights in the recliner instead of the bed, but I guess that is just good preparation for the sleepless days and nights to come! Baby Lew is moving all the time, which is quite entertaining to watch, and it makes me think he is getting anxious about getting out of that cramped little space. I am getting excited to meet him and see who he looks like and what his little personality will be like. How exciting!
1 comment:
Sounds like you are feeling normal for a pregnant woman....tired, uncomfortable, anxious, oh and tired... Can't wait to see Baby Lew and know his name.
Post a Comment