Friday, March 27, 2009

Shots, Thumbs, and other Things

So I'm a little behind in posting a few things. First, Hadley turned 4 months a week ago and we didn't take his monthly "teddy bear" pictures until this week. And even with that, I am still not posting them here because they are on my camera at home and I am at work (that's right...I'm updating this at work!). So I will try and get those on here sometime in the next few days.

Hadley has started doing some pretty cute things lately. He has been sucking on his hands for quite a while, but just in the past week he has found his thumb and can now find it (always the left one) every time. Although I don't know that thumb-sucking is the best habit for him for start, it's just so cute and at this point it is just as soothing to him as a pacifier but better because it's always there with him!

He's not rolling over yet, but I really don't think it will be much longer. Last night I had him propped up on a pillow on our bed while I was starting a load of laundry and when I turned back around to him he was not propped up on the pillow but instead laying on his tummy in front of the pillow. Since I had missed whatever he had done to get into that position I decided to try propping him up again to see if he would repeat the same thing. Luckily, he did it again (over and over since I kept propping him back up). The process was this: I would sit him / prop him up against the pillow, then he would leeeeeean forward as far as he could before he just toppled over forward and ended up on his tummy. Super cute! A couple times he tried really hard to get back over onto his back once he was on his tummy but he just can't quite make it yet...soon!

Tuesday of this week Hadley had his 4-month checkup and shots at the doctor's. He did pretty well with the shots - still cried but only for a couple minutes. I thought this time around was much better than the 2-month shot experience (or maybe I was just more prepared!). The doctor said he looks good, his ears (which I asked him to check since we hadn't been back since the ear infection several weeks ago) looked good, his heart sounds great, and overall he is a thriving, healthy boy. Here are the stats:

Weight: 13 pounds 15 ounces
Height: 25 1/4 inches
Head: 42 1/2 cm(?)

He is still right around the 50th percentile in both weight and height, and his head size is a little under the 75th percentile. All of that is right where he was at 2 months, so I guess he is growing pretty proportionally. Overall, a very successful doctor visit.

This afternoon Hadley and I are going with Eric and Gary (his teaching partner) with a group of their students to College Station. We just decided that instead of spending tonight and all day tomorrow alone we should just tag along on the trip. So, off we go!


After putting these pictures on here I now realize just how far behind I am with the pictures. Hopefully I can get caught up this weekend and post some from this week (before another couple weeks pass by!)

No comments: