Monday, January 14, 2013
Flu Shot
To get the flu shot (for Hadley) or not...that is the question. I am torn on this one. While I realize some people have very strong opinions about this one way or the other, I don't really, so that makes it harder to make a decision.
On the one hand, I understand that it is only $20, and could possibly prevent a terrible case of the flu, and possible complications that could result from that.
On the other hand, we have not yet given him a flu shot (4 flu seasons so far with no flu sickness for him) so I kind of see a pattern. Also, I have a real problem with the fact that, according to our local health department, they give the same dosage to all children ages 3-17. Seriously?? A 3 year old needs as much medicine as a 17 year old? Who came up with that logic? And, I absolutely dread taking him out of school early one day only to take him to get a huge shot. If we do that, do we tell him ahead of time what is coming, or would that only cause panic on his part? Or do we just "surprise" him when we show up at the clinic and they walk in with a big needle. Neither option sounds like a fun way to spend an afternoon.
No idea what to do about this.
Anybody?? (Oh, and if you say he should have the shot, I am assuming you want to be the one to take him, right?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment