That's right...I have been out of college for 10 years! Wow! In May of 1998 I thought I was on top of the world because I was about to graduate from Wayland Baptist University. (That's in Plainview, TX for those of you who don't know...and if you don't know where Plainview is...well, you're probably in the majority!) Anyway...so there I was, about to be free of classes and studying and tests and, uh-oh, everything I had known for the last four years. Exciting...but extremely scary at the same time. What was I going to do? Where was I going to live? Where were all my friends going? Yikes! I guess I finally figured it out, because here I am...ten years later...and doing okay!
So this weekend we are going back to the scene of the crime...back to the plains of West Texas, "where the wind sings loud her name." Oops - got a little carried away there. Homecoming 1998 at good old Wayland is this weekend. Fortunately, this weekend will be a chance to reunite with friends of long ago and catch up on the lives and families of the people I surrounded myself with for four very fun and fulfilling years of my life. It will also be a chance to introduce most of those people to the most important person in my life now...my amazing husband. I can't wait! It will also be a chance to remanisce about some of the fun and memorable times we had. I am excited to show Eric around the campus, take him to Kidsville, have him taste a Spudnut Donut, show him the dorm and house I lived in, eat at Leal's with him, and just let him experience (if only for a day) some of what I was like before we met. I am also super excited about seeing my dear, sweet friends Summer, Sarah, and others, and spending time with them laughing and just being silly (because let's face it - that's what we do best!).
I will try to remember to take lots of pictures (try is the key word here), so that I can share them and have them as memories of what I'm sure will be a wonderful weekend.
1 comment:
Eat some Leal's for me. I miss it so much! Hope yall have a blast!
Post a Comment