I have recently happened upon several blogs of friends from college, high school, and even elementary school, and I am learning that this (not email, or phone calls, or even...gulp...snail mail) is the newest and easiest way to stay in touch with people. So, I am giving it a go. We'll see how successful I am at staying up-to-date with it.
So, yes, I am back in Abilene, even though I swore I would never move back here once I left. It's funny how sometimes things don't work out exactly the way you plan them out in your head. But anyway...I have been back here for about six years now (yikes...has it really been that long?!?), and I work for the school district. I am NOT a teacher...I did that for a while and realized that it is not the job for me. I am an accountant, taking care of all the federal and state grants the district gets, and I really like my job. The best thing about being back in Abilene is that, had I not moved here, I would not have met my wonderful husband (more on how we met in another post).
Okay, I didn't really mean for this first post to be about my job or where I am, but that's just what came out when I started typing. I will try to use this blog as a (daily/weekly/or whatever) journal of how things are going in our lives, and sometimes as an outlet for whatever happens to be on my mind. Enjoy!
5 comments:
Welcome to the world of blogging! I blog at http://www.xanga.com/ccalmon I have it protected though, so in order to read the majority of my posts, you'll need to register at Xanga and then let me know your username and I'll add you to my protected list so you can read all the posts. That is if you are interested in reading them - LOL! Have a great day!
This should be fun - can't wait for the next blog!!!
Mandi,
Love it! Think I'll give it a try...can't believe you've been here six years. We need to have lunch more often!
Love you,
Dina
welcome to blogland!!
This should be interesting! I know you well enough to know that sometimes what's "on your mind" is hilarious! haha
Post a Comment