Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Venting

I am going to vent for just a minute (so here's your head's up)...

I absolutely hate Eric's job...and more specifically his boss. I am so ready for him to have a job where he is happy and where he is rewarded for his education and experience instead of treated like any other "hand" off the street. (He has his Master's degree for crying out loud.) I hate that he comes home from work every day disgusted at whatever happened that day and asking if he can quit his job. I hate that he is so unhappy working there. I hate that he gets paid squat and it causes us to struggle financially. I hate that his boss is more moody than any woman I've ever met. I hate that he works someplace where he has to punch a time clock. I hate that we have to keep track of how many hours he has taken off each week so we know how much smaller his paycheck is going to be. I hate that when he does actually get a weekend off (unpaid of course) he is chewed out the following Monday for "putting them in a bind by being gone" even though he cleared it with them weeks earlier. I hate everything about his job.

We have been married for a year and a half, and we have spent that entire time looking for a job, or a better job for Eric. Why has this been such a struggle for us? It seems like it has put so many areas of our life on hold because we are always 'waiting until he finds a better job.' It just gets old.

2 comments:

C.C. said...

No words to say except I'm praying! HUGS!

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying for this too! This sounds all too familiar. Don't lose heart!

Alicia