We had such a great time this weekend. Being in Plainview, and on the Wayland campus brought back lots of memories from the years I spent there. Friday night a group of us got together and had a great time catching up and looking back. It was lots of fun looking at old yearbooks and old pictures and laughing at the silly (and sometimes stupid) stuff we did. And even better was looking at current pictures of everyone's kids and families, and hearing what everyone is doing now.
Mike & Summer, Kevin & Sarah & Elizabeth, Eric & Mandi
Sarah, Mandi, & Summer (This is kind of a tradition for us...just missing Kala.)

Here's an upright shot of us (Mandi, Sarah, Summer).

Kelly & Mandi

Me & Eric...we don't have very many pictures of us, and this is why!

Sarah, Mandi, & Summer (This is kind of a tradition for us...just missing Kala.)
Here's an upright shot of us (Mandi, Sarah, Summer).
Saturday morning we made our way to the famous Spudnuts Donuts establishment, where we again spent time talking and laughing with good friends Sarah & Kevin, and Summer & Mike. We proceded from there to the campus where we (unsuccessfully) were planning on attending the actual "reunion" part of the festivities. Since we obviously missed that, we gave ourselves a tour of the campus and oohed and aahed over the new student activity center. (Where was a place like that when we were there??) I think the most memory-inspiring activity was the trek through our old dorm. Summer and I dragged Eric and Mike up and down all the hallways of the dorm, pointing out which rooms we lived in, who lived in each of the other rooms, which stairs we had to drag our friends up in the middle of the night when they were not able to do so themselves (ahem...Michelle!), how the bathrooms had not changed at all, the basement where the laundry area was still quite stinky and scary, and even the backyard with a funny (although somewhat unfortunate) story about laundry and misfit kids (Rachel). After a yummy lunch at Leal's we went the the basketball games where we caught up with some other friends and had a good time visiting. Overall, the time spent in Plainview was really great, and I guess we will make the journey again in 10 years! (Maybe we won't wait that long this time!)
Following our time in Plainview, Eric & I went to Lubbock where we spent Saturday night and Sunday with our good friends Kelly & Kory. Kelly and I met while working as auditors together at DK in Abilene. She has been, and will always be, an amazing friend, a delicious and talented cake maker and decorator, a fun scrapbooking buddy, and a genuine person who I am happy to call my friend! We had a fun time with she and Kory Saturday night eating pancakes (you've got the love the Lion's Club!), playing pool (although not the original plan), watching wedding videos (Eric's favorite part!), and eating chocolate pie (yum!).
Kelly & Mandi
Me & Eric...we don't have very many pictures of us, and this is why!
Kory & Kelly
So, other than being super tired, everything about the weekend was great. And I can't wait until I get to see my friends again!
2 comments:
Sounds like yall had a blast! Glad yall enjoyed it :-)
Ohhh... so sad that I missed Homecoming...loved the pictures though and I am glad you had a good time. Yes - I am late posting, go figure!!!
Post a Comment