Tuesday, May 19, 2009

6 Months

Hadley,

1/2 a year! Can you believe it?? It doesn't seem possible that you are already 6 months old. I know I say this every single month, but I just can't believe how quickly you are growing.

This past month, thanks to you, I celebrated my first Mother's Day as a mommy. I couldn't ask for a better gift than being your mommy. I love being your mommy, and every day I am reminded how thankful I am that you are my baby.


"I'll love you forever; I'll like you for always; As long as I'm living my baby you'll be."

You are learning so many new things these days and you are so much fun. You have recently discovered what a great range your vocal chords have, and you love to demonstrate that to us. You squeal with delight, you shriek with both pleasure and disgust, and you blabber on and on sometimes telling us all about what's on your mind. The only (somewhat) word you seem to say right now is "baa", but I'm hopeful that very soon that might turn into "ma"...we'll see!


You still love playing "super baby" with daddy, but you seem to be quite a bit more attached to me these days than to daddy. You don't like for me to leave the room you are in and you usually would rather me hold you than daddy if you have the option. You have started reaching out for people (which I love!) to pick you up and it is super cute! You like to lay on the floor and play, but usually you prefer for someone to be down on the floor with you. We have learned, however, that it doesn't matter where we lay you on the floor, because you will always roll over/rotate/flip until you have half your body under the coffee table. Silly boy!

At night you usually sleep pretty well. You go to bed between 8:30 and 9:00, and you sleep until about 6:00. Most nights we don't hear you at all during the night, but sometimes (around 4:30) you wake up and need your paci. The funny thing is, all we do is pop that paci in your mouth and you are instantly asleep again. You usually sleep kind of on your side, but sometimes you roll over and sleep on your tummy. That's okay, except it tends to lead to diaper accidents resulting in wet jammies and sheet.

We still haven't started you on any food, and you seem pretty okay with that. However, lately you have become very interested in anything we put in our mouths, so I'm thinking we might be getting close to starting you on some food. In fact, we might try some this weekend. (Get ready for some messy pictures!)

Today you have your 6 month visit to the doctor, where you will get more shots (sorry!). I really don't look forward to these visits because I don't like watching you get poked. (I sure wish daddy would handle these sometimes!) But, on a happy note, we will get to find out how much you have grown!


These last six months have been absolutely amazing, tiring, fulfilling, frustrating, exciting, happy, exhausting, busy, fun, and the best six months ever. I love you, sweet boy, and I can't wait to see what you teach me next!

Love,
Mommy


1 comment:

kellyandkory said...

Don't you just love that children's book. Just warms your heart precious!! Love ya!!