Thursday, May 7, 2009

Flat Stanley

I guess I should explain who Flat Stanley is, and why he is currently at our house...

A couple weeks ago Emma sent me a letter she had written at school along with Flat Stanley. Her 2nd grade class had just read a book about a boy named Stanley who was smashed flat when a bulletin board fell on him. Each student in Emma's class then made a Flat Stanley, wrote a letter, and sent their Flat Stanley to someone for a few weeks. While he is with us we are supposed to take pictures of him at our work, in our home, and places that we go. And in a couple weeks I will write a letter to Emma telling her about our adventures and send the letter, pictures from his visit, and Flat Stanley back to her.

So there you go - a brief explanation of Flat Stanley (or the "flat man" or "Flat Fred" as some refer to him).

1 comment:

Nanny and Papo said...

Thanks for the explanation on Flat Stanley. I think I remember that book! Glad Hadley is enjoying a time with Flat Stanley. Thanks, Emma for sharing! We love Emma and her sister Bailey (also our grandchildren!) along with Hadley, and all our other grandchildren!!!