Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Doctors, kittens, and grandmas

Doctors:

Yesterday was Hadley's 6 month visit to the doctor. Unfortunately, that meant more shots. He is very healthy, and is growing just like he should be. However, I think he remembered what happened last time we laid him down on the table with the crinkly paper, because he totally freaked out every time I laid him down on that yesterday. It was lots of fun (note the sarcasm). Here are his stats:

Weight: 16 pounds 6 ounces (about 50th percentile)
Height: 27 inches (about 50th percentile)
Head: 44.5 cm (about 75th percentile)

All of his measurements are pretty much right where they have been every time so far, so it appears as though he is growing very proportionately. And the best part of the visit...no more shots for six months!



Kittens:

This part of the post is very sad (just warning you). This morning when we were all leaving to head to work we had a little accident. When I started my car we all heard the most horrific noise (coming from my engine) so I quickly cut the engine back off. Eric was getting into his truck at the time and obviously heard the racket and came shooting around the front of his truck to see what happened. That's when he saw it and looked up at me with a pretty terrible look. One of our kittens (about 2 months old) was apparently in my engine when I started the car, resulting in the horrific noise mentioned above. At this point all we could hear was the poor kitten crying and meowing as loud as possible because she was in so much pain. Eric told me to go on because he was going to have to shoot her. I couldn't bear to watch, and he didn't want me to watch so I backed up and drove away, and as I did I heard two shots as he (mercifully) put her out of her misery. Although all of our cats are just barn cats, there to catch critters, it was still very sad to see, and I feel terrible about it. Not a good start to the day!

Grandmas:

I decided this post needed something happy to end on, so in honor of Mother's Day (yes, I know it was a week and a half ago) here's Hadley with his grandmas and great-grandmas who love him so much.


Nanny (Mandi's mom)

GiGi (Eric's mom)Mema (Mandi's grandma)
Grandma Molly (Eric's grandma)

No comments: