Sunday, November 9, 2008

Labor and Delivery

Here's my latest confession...I am working towards being completely terrified about having this baby! This weekend I read the "Labor and Delivery" chapter in my "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book, and I've got to say...ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? That does not sound like something I want to do!! I know, I know...there will be a great reward at the end of it all. But right now, all I can think about are those frightening words I read!! To all my current pregnant friends, I do not suggest you read ahead in the book. And to all my friends who are moms...seriously?!?

The one thing I did find humorous as I read were the many times, in speaking to the "coach", it made references like "don't worry if your partner seems annoyed by you" or "don't get upset if your partner seems irritated by this." It was as if they were specifically warning Eric since I tend to get "annoyed" and "irritated" by so many things these days! I was sure to point out to him that even the book said that was okay and normal. (He didn't find it quite as funny as I did!)

No comments: