Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Life
Why is it that we as humans let life take over and come between us and people who, at one time, were a huge part of our lives. I know it is just a part of life that friends will come and go, but isn't there something we can do about it? Why, if someone is so important to us, do we simply let time or distance or some circumstance take that person and their friendship away from us? Why don't we fight harder to keep that from happening? I am sometimes frustrated when I think about the friendships I have let go because of the "inconvenience" of the distance between us, or because "it's just been so long since I talked to them, so what's a little longer." Why do I let this happen? I think all of this is fresh on my mind because I was just recently reminded of a good friend who, because of life's circumstances, has become someone I don't feel like I even know anymore, much less someone I can call a friend. That frustrates me because since we were last in touch some pretty important things have happened - I have met and married my husband, they are now engaged to get married, most of our mutual friends have either married or had children. We have let too many things (or maybe excuses) take over and taken the place of our friendship. I know everyone is guilty of this, but maybe it's time I do something about it in my life, and time I get back to what's really important in life - the people. But how do I do that?...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am right there with you Mandi. It is incredible how we don't take time to keep in touch with those that we have invested our lives with. I guess we are selfish by nature and there for get to caught up in our own life to remain involved in others. Perhaps we should all take time to "stay in touch" with those we call friends.
Post a Comment